Together, let's celebrate the spirit, sights, and sounds of the holiday season...
Thank you for attending our 2022 event!
Save the date: Cuyuna Christmas 2023 will be held Nov. 30 – Dec. 2, 2023!
In the meantime, check out a few of the smile-filled scenes from this year’s event:
Join businesses and organizations throughout the Cuyuna Lakes area as we celebrate the spirit, sights, and sounds of the holiday season. You can look forward to SNOW many festivities and activities including:
- Girls Night Out
- Business decorating contest – NEW FOR 2022!
- Coloring contest
- Fat bike group ride – NEW FOR 2022!
- Medallion hunt
- Mrs. Claus’ Bake-Off Contest
- Lunch with Santa
- Cash raffle
- Nature snowshoe/hike
- Live music and entertainment
Saturday’s family-friendly “Snow Many Smiles” at Crosby Memorial park will include live outdoor performances, spectacular fireworks, a petting zoo, games and activities, creative crafts, festive food, the Tree of Love ceremony, and of course Santa and Mrs. Claus!! All activities on Saturday are free and open to the public.
Everything is sure to bring joy and merriment to the entire family.
Event details will be shared in an insert in the Brainerd Dispatch & Crosby-Ironton Courier newspapers (published in late November) and on this site as the schedule is finalized.
CASH RAFFLE & COMMEMORATIVE CUP
Raffle tickets for cash prizes are now being sold as part of A Cuyuna Christmas!
Tickets are only $5 and available at:
- Cub Foods (Brainerd & Baxter),
- Cuyuna Lakes Pharmacy (in CRMC),
- Ironton American Legion, and
- Town Tavern (Ironton).
First prize is $1,500; second $1,000; third $750; fourth $500; and fifth $250.
Winners will be drawn Tuesday, Dec. 6, 7 p.m. at the Ironton American Legion. Must be 18 or older to purchase ticket or win prizes. Need not be present to win. (Ironton Legion Charitable Gambling Premises #00148-002.)
Event commemorative cups will be sold for $10 each at the Ironton and Deerwood Legions and Town Tavern. Purchase of a cup includes one free beverage (while supplies last, restrictions apply).
Organized by the Ironton & Deerwood American Legions!
BUSINESS DECORATING CONTEST
Decorate your business front by December 3rd to be automatically entered in the “Decorate Downtown Contest”!
Ballots will be passed out to participating businesses and can be dropped off at the Courier drop box.
1st Prize Wins:
- $250 in ad space from the Crosby-Ironton Courier
- 1 month business spotlight on the Chamber’s digital board
- $100 in “Courier Cash”
Organized by the Cuyuna Lakes Chamber of Commerce!
Congrats to our 2022 Decorate Downtown Contest winners!
1st place: Common Goods
2nd place: Rafferty’s
3rd place: Taconite Canteen
Try to find the official Cuyuna Christmas Medallion!
Clues will be posted twice a day (8 a.m. and 4 p.m.) on the Crosby-Ironton Courier’s website: www.c-icourier.com and in its front office window located at 12 East Main Street in Crosby until the official medallion is located. The first clue will be posted Tuesday, Nov. 29, at 8 a.m. No age limit and no fee to participate.
Notify the C-I Courier you have located the medallion by taking a photo holding the medallion and texting it to 218-839-5211 or stop by the C-I Courier office Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Photo of the winner(s) will be posted at www.c-icourier.com, on the C-I Courier’s Facebook page and published in the C-I Courier. No immediate C-I Courier staff or those living in their homes will be eligible to participate. The winner will receive $50 and a one-year subscription to the C-I Courier hard copy and e-edition (valued at $100). Have fun and good luck!
HOLIDAY SPIRIT ART CONTEST
Youth in grades kindergarten through sixth can build their confidence by coloring, painting, or decorating the art below by using everyday objects—like macaroni, twigs, or fabric. Artwork will be displayed at Lunch with Santa on Saturday, Dec. 3, at the Deerwood Auditorium for a people’s choice award. Prizes will be awarded to students in three categories: grades K-2, grades 3-6, and people’s choice. Winners will be announced at the event and in local media. Artwork will not be returned and may be used in future marketing for A Cuyuna Christmas.
All entries must be received at the Crosby-Ironton Courier by noon on Friday, Dec. 2.
Organized by the Crosby-Ironton Courier.
Congrats to our 2022 Art Contest Winners!
Emilia E. – age 6
Annika R. – age 9
MRS. CLAUS COOKIE BAKE-OFF
Bake and decorate your favorite Christmas cookie and submit your entry to Mixed Company in Crosby for a chance to win fun prizes! Categories include youth, young adults, families/multi-generational, and professionals.
Entries are due Thursday, Dec. 1 at Mixed Company. Submissions will be judged and results announced in the Crosby-Ironton Courier on Wednesday, Dec. 7.
Organized by Mixed Company – A Kava House!
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 1
Girls Night Out!
Shop on the Cuyuna Range from Nov. 29 – Dec. 1 and receive stamps at various businesses. Entry forms available in the Nov. 23 C-I Courier or at participating businesses. Stamped entry forms delivered to the Deerwood American Legion by 8:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 1, will be eligible to win $500 and several door prizes. Come for the designer handbag raffle and stay for the food and drink specials! A Business Bonanza, featuring unique gifts and crafts, will also be held at the Deerwood Auditorium from 2 to 7 p.m.
New this year – a designer handbag raffle will take place from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $5 per round with a total of five rounds. Tickets go on sale at 5:30 pm. and the first drawing is at 6 p.m., with a new round every 30 minutes until the grand prize drawing. Must be present to win!
- 2-7 p.m. – Home-Based Business Bonanza @ Deerwood Auditorium
- 4-8:30 p.m. – Food specials @ Deerwood American Legion
- 6-8 p.m. – Raffle drawings for designer handbags/wallets @ Deerwood American Legion
- 8:30 p.m. – GNO winners announced @ Deerwood American Legion
>> Flyer with more details coming soon <<
Organized by the Crosby-Ironton Courier!
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2
Nature Snowshoe/Walk @ Cuyuna Rec Area
4-6 p.m. – Nature Snowshoe/Walk @ Cuyuna Country State Recreation Trails
- Join CRMC’s Walk with a Doc leader, Dr. Wendi Johnson, for a snowshoe/hiking event along the beautiful Cuyuna Lakes State Trail.
- Gather at the Hallett Center of Crosby parking lot and hit the trails as a group.
- Snowshoes will be available for rent at the Hallett Center.
- Weather permitting.
Jingle Bell Jam & Meat Raffle @ Ironton Legion
5:30 p.m. – Reindeer Rump Meat Raffle @ Ironton American Legion
7-11 p.m. – Jingle Bell Jam @ Ironton American Legion
- Includes live music by Yesterdaze Gone, holiday attire contest (for cash prizes), no cover charge, drink specials.
- Purchase a commemorative cup for $10 to benefit Smiles for Jake and receive a free beverage (while supplies last, restrictions apply).
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3
Lunch with Santa @ Deerwood Auditorium
11 a.m.-2 p.m. – Lunch with Santa @ Deerwood Auditorium
- Children 12 years and younger and special needs youth are invited to have lunch with Santa!
- Each child will receive lunch (donated by the Deerstand), visit Santa, and receive a treat bag and gift appropriate to their age. Each family will go home with a bag full of all the ingredients for a holiday dinner.
- The Garrison Bay Lake Area Lions and The Deerstand are sponsoring the event, with the support provided by area businesses and organizations.
- Registration for this event has ended.
- If you have any questions, contact Cathe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hosted by Garrison Bay Lake Area Lions & The Deerstand
Global Fat Bike Day Ride @ Cuyuna Rec Area (Sagamore Unit)
Join your fellow riders for a group ride in honor of Global Fat Tire Bike Day!
- 10am meet; 10:30 depart – options for short & long ride
- Sagamore Unit Trail Head parking area off Hwy 59 (part of the Cuyuna Country State Recreation Area)
Ride participants will receive a coupon for a coffee and gingerbread cookie, to be redeemed between 3-4:30pm at the Hudson (208 Curtis Ave, Ironton).
Then participate in a sunset ride to the Cuyuna Christmas events at Crosby Memorial Park. Bike lights/holiday decorations are encouraged. (There is no planned group return ride to the Hudson.)
Hosted by the Cuyuna Lakes Mountain Bike Crew!
Snow Many Smiles @ Crosby Memorial Park
- 2 -6 p.m. – Snow Many Smiles @ Crosby Memorial Park
- Face painting
- Candy Cane Lane crafts & games
- Hot cocoa, soup, and popcorn
- “Santa’s Stable” Petting Zoo
- Cookie decorating
- Hay rides
- Bonfires, maintained by the Crosby Fire Department
- 2-5 p.m. – Various entertainers including carolers, Just for Kix, a human snow globe, and fire dancers!
- 2:30 p.m. – Santa and Mrs. Claus arrive via firetruck
- 3:45 p.m. – Tree of Love Lighting, bandshell
- The 38th annual Tree of Love lighting will take place during Saturday’s events. As a special fundraiser for CRMC Hospice, the Tree will be illuminated with lights in memory or honor of loved ones and continue to shine throughout the holiday season. For details or to purchase a bulb visit www.treeoflove.givesmart.com. For more information visit www.cuyunamed.org or call 218-546-2311.
- 4 p.m. – PopROCKS performance
- 6 p.m. – Fireworks over Serpent Lake by North Star Fireworks; sponsored by the Crosby Firemen’s Relief Association.
Live Acoustic Music @ Town Tavern
8-11 p.m. @ Town Tavern, Ironton
Warm up after the afternoon’s festivities with live acoustic music by Todd Curtis Wohl. There will be commemorative cup specials and raffle tickets for sale as well (while supplies last). No cover charge.
Hosted by the Town Tavern!
- PopROCKS to Perform! -
Join us as we dance and enjoy the high-energy, immersive experience of PopROCKS! They will be rocking out to the latest hits, under the heated tent at Crosby Memorial Park from 4 – 6 p.m. on Saturday, December 3.
With three lead vocalists and the hottest live band around, PopROCKS delivers a night of entertainment unlike any other group. Members of the group enjoy a dynamic, high-powered chemistry that is as infectious to the crowds as the band’s playlist of hit dance party jams!
Our Generous Sponsors:
- American Peat Technology
- AutoSmith Service Group
- Crosby Fire Relief Association
- Crosby-Ironton Courier
- Cuyuna Lakes Chamber of Commerce
- Cuyuna Fire Relief Association
- Deerwood Bank
- Deerwood Firemen’s Relief Association
- GLS Promotions Plus LLC
- Graphic Packaging
- GuidePoint Pharmacy
- Holmvig Excavating
- Ironton American Legion
- Koop Funeral Home
- Love, Tito’s
- Mixed Company – a Kava House
- Mid-Minnesota Federal Credit Union
- Nelson Trucking
- Nor-Son Construction
- Oberg Fence
- Range Disposal
- Spalding House
In-Kind Donations Provided By:
- Anderson Brothers Construction
- Cuyuna Lakes Mountain Bike Crew
- Hubbard Radio
- Lamar Outdoor Advertising
- Peace Trees
- R&J Broadcasting
- Red Rider Resort
- Super One Foods of Crosby
Thank you to our event committee for their work to organize, fundraise, and otherwise support all of the Cuyuna Christmas activities!
- Lisa Bedard, Cuyuna Regional Medical Center
- Robert Dumas, Cuyuna Lakes Mountain Bike Crew
- Eryk Haapajoki, CTC/Smiles for Jake
- Darlene Hendrickson, Cuyuna Reginal Medical Center
- Matthew Hill, City of Crosby
- Anita Hollenhorst, CTC/Smiles for Jake
- Johnna Johnson, Mixed Company—A Kava House
- Dr. Wendi Johnson, Cuyuna Regional Medical Center
- Aubrey Koop, Cuyuna Lakes Chamber of Commerce
- Chris Kotchikian, Cuyuna Regional Medical Center
- Lori LaBorde, Crosby-Ironton Courier
- Cathe Picek, Garrison Bay Lake Area Lions
- KariLee Pietz, Cuyuna Regional Medical Center
- Jennifer Podsiadly, CRMC/Smiles for Jake
- Kelcie Quiel, Cuyuna Lakes Chamber of Commerce
- Liz Sanvig, Ironton American Legion
- Kellie Strong, CTC/Smiles for Jake
- Peggy Stebbins, Cuyuna Regional Medical Center
- Erin Thiesse, Graphic Packaging
- Kristi Westbrock, CTC/Smiles for Jake
- Shellie Wynn, Range Disposal
Cuyuna Christmas wouldn’t be possible without the dedication of many amazing volunteers. If you can lend a helping hand before, during, or after the event, please contact Jennifer Podsiadly at Jennifer.Podsiadly@cuyunamed.org.
PARKING & DIRECTIONS
Crosby Memorial Park is located on Serpent Lake, off of Hwy 210 and one block from Main Street, Crosby.
On-street parking is available, adjacent to the park and on the surrounding city streets. The parking lots for Crosby-Ironton High School and the former Super One (across from Barstock Liquors) are only a few blocks away from the park.
Be sure to dress warm!
SCENES FROM THE 2021 EVENT:
PHOTO CREDITS: BRENDA BOOTH & ANITA HOLLENHORST
For additional photos and videos from the night, visit the Brainerd Dispatch page: