Kevin Hines is a storyteller.
He is a best selling author, global public speaker, and award-winning filmmaker.
In the year 2000, Kevin attempted to take his life by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge.
Join us as Kevin shares his story of hope, healing, and recovery while teaching people of all ages the art of wellness and the ability to survive pain with true resilience.
Cuyuna Regional Medical Center (CRMC), Smiles for Jake, and Wings of Hope are joining forces to bring Kevin to Minnesota May 1-5, 2023. His visit is also funded with support from Sourcewell. Thank you to all of our partners!
These sessions are designed to give our area youth tools and resources for encouraging help-seeking behavior and sharing their stories. They are closed to the public.
- Monday, May 1: Menahga Public Schools >>school flyer
- Wednesday, May 3: Pillager Public Schools (Middle School presentation at 9:30AM & High School presentation at 1:00PM) >>school flyer
- Thursday, May 4 @ 8:30AM & 10:45AM: Brainerd Public Schools (Gichi-ziibi Center for the Arts, Brainerd High School) >>school flyer
If you have any questions please review the resources below and/or contact your school administrators.
- A letter to parents from Dr. April C. Foreman, Executive Board Member of the American Association of Suicidology
- Storytelling: A Viable Avenue for Suicide Prevention
- Tuesday, May 2 @ 8:00AM for business/nonprofit leaders (Gather on 3 Event Center, Merrifield)
- Tuesday, May 2 @ 5:30PM for general public (Gather on 3 Event Center, Merrifield)
- Wednesday, May 3 @ 5:30PM for general public (Chalberg Theatre, CLC Campus, Brainerd)
Community presentations are free to attend. All are welcome as we share stories and resources.
- Note: Lakes Area Human Resources Association is hosting a presentation on Tuesday, May 2 @ 12:00PM for HR and other business professionals. To RSVP for that session, visit the LAHRA website.
Registration has closed for the public presentations. Thank you to everyone who was able to attend!
Local medical professionals will be available during and after all community presentations. Printed and online resources for help and support will also be available.
Kevin’s visit were supported, in part, by a grant from Sourcewell. Thank you!
For more information about Kevin and his passions, visit www.kevinhinesstory.com.