Thank you to everyone who joined in on the fun for Smiles on the ‘Sippi 2022! We had a great time and hope you did too. We appreciate the support, and look forward to seeing you all next year.
Smiles on the 'Sippi
July 30, 2022
Let’s get outside, together.
Smiles for Jake is coming to Rotary and Kiwanis in Brainerd on July 30th!
Join us for a day of fun and activities for the whole family.
- Start the morning off with a relaxing yoga class on the Mississippi at 9:00am.
- Family activities including magicians, face painting, rock painting, and a special visit from Mickey Mouse!
- Entertainment provided by Girls Night Out, a dynamic tribute to superstar women in country music.
- Mental health professionals will be available onsite to answer questions and provide resources.
- Remember your paddles AND your smiles!
- Parking will be located at the Brainerd High School Parking Lot, located on East River Road. Parking directors will be present for assistance!
Schedule of Events
Paddle Race Starting at 9:00am- Kiwanis Park
(Registration Fee Applies)
9:00 am- Canoe Race begins
9:15 am- Kayak Race begins
9:30 am- Paddleboard Race begins
10:30am-noon- Crow Wing County Historical Society will provide free historical interpreters on the river to teach you more about life on the Mississippi in early Brainerd. There will be three locations on the river between Kiwanis Park and Evergreen Landing. Limited number of canoes and kayaks available for use at Kiwanis or bring your own! Not paddling? Other historic sites can be explored on foot. A printed tour will be available at registration or interactive map can be used.
Free Entertainment Events Starting at 9:00am- Rotary Park
9:00 am- Morning Mississippi Yoga
10:00 am-10:30 am- Ventriloquist Show
10:30 am – 11:00 am- Magic Show
10:00 am-1pm- Face Painters, Balloon Artist, Rock Painting, and a visit from Mickey & Minnie Mouse
10:30 am- 1pm- Live Music featuring Country Music band “Girls Night Out.”
11:00 am-1:00 pm- Free lunch
A shuttle service will be provided frequently for traveling between Kiwanis or Rotary Park every 15 minutes.
A limited number of canoes and kayaks will be available for use. You may also bring your own!
Special thanks to the following organizations for their support of this event:
- Brainerd Family YMCA
- Cuyuna Regional Medical Center
- Mississippi Headwaters Board
- Smiles for Jake