2021 Smile Fest
August 26 @ Essentia Health Sports Center, Brainerd
UPDATE (as of Aug. 25) – Due to an unfavorable weather forecast, we’ve decided to move the event from the Northland Arboretum to the Essentia Health Sports Center (502 Jackson St, Brainerd).
Join us for Smile Fest – a FREE community picnic that includes live music, entertainment, food, family-friendly activities, and plenty of smiles. Smile Fest is an annual event that is open to the public and serves to remind us all of the connections we rely on to thrive.
2021 festivities include…
Entertainment by the Belfast Cowboys from 6-7PM, with opening act Tricia and the Toonies at 5PM. Plus, appearances by Princess Elsa and Anna from Frozen!
– Bring a blanket or chairs and your smiles.
– Gates open at 4PM, free meal from 5–6:30PM (for the first 1,000 attendees)
– Balloon artists, face-painting, exotic petting zoo, pop-up children’s museum, on-site mental health and medical staff, prizes, giveaways, and MUCH more!
We encourage all who attend this event to smile, share as many high fives as you can, limit time on electronic devices, and always BE KIND! 🙂
COVID-19: You are welcome to wear a mask, but it will not be required.
For more details, visit our Facebook page.
Congrats to following folks! Their names were randomly drawn to receive our door prizes. We will email you with details.
- $100 Smiles for Jake merchandise gift card – Lillyan Y.
- $50 Goodies Gourmet Treats gift card – Loni H.
- $25.00 Cub Foods gift card – Jessica F.
- A Smiles for Jake shirt –
- Jason A.
- Katrina B.
- Luanne H.
- Angela N.
- Tristan W.
- Scott B.
- Nathan C.
Shout-out to our Smile Fest partners!
- Blakeman Portable Toilets
- Brainerd Amateur Sports Foundation
- Bryan Henrichs
- Chef Mike’s Catering
- Cody Shepherd
- Crisis Line & Referral Service
- Cub Foods
- Giovanni’s Pizza
- Goodies Gourmet Treats
- GreenForest Recycling
- Holden Electric
- Jim’s Electric
- Old Dutch Foods
- Party World
- Shep’s On 6th
- Viking Electric
2019 Smile Fest
Thank you to everyone who joined us for our inaugural Smile Fest!
Smile Fest was a great success with well over 1,000 attendees. Entertainment was provided by Seth Doud and the Grammy Award winning Okee Dokee Brothers. In addition to the free meal, there was additional food and merchandise available for purchase as well as a bouncy house, face painting, prizes and more!
Cuyuna Regional Medical Center provided Mental Health Professionals on site to answer questions and provide information on suicide prevention and mental health.
We witnessed lots of smiles, high fives, and community spirit – which was our ultimate goal!